4-DAY BHUTAN SHORT STAY
DEP: EVERY SUN
PRICE: FROM SGD XXXX PER PERSON
DAY 01 : SINGAPORE – PARO – THIMPHU (-/L/D)
After experiencing a memorable flight along skies offering you views of the Himalayan Treasures such as Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga, Bhutan’s Jomolhari and Jitchu Drake, your flight gradually descend, yet again enchanting you with Paro Valley’s beauty from above.
After clearing customs and immigration, you will be greeted by your English-speaking guide and driver and transferred to Bhutan’s capital Thimphu, travelling through the spectacular countryside en-route. All the houses and buildings in the Kingdom are painted and constructed in traditional Bhutanese style.
Visit the majestic and historic Tashichho Dzong, the main secretariat building, built in 1642. Today, this massive structure houses the office of the King, the Throne Room, some government Ministries and the State Monastic Body. It is also the summer residence of the Chief Abbot and senior monks.
Overnight in Thimphu.
DAY 02 : THIMPHU - PARO (B/L/D)
After breakfast hike up to Taktsang Monastery commonly known as ‘The Tiger’s Nest’. The trail is broad and the ascent of approximately 2 hours takes you almost a kilometre above the Paro valley floor. The view of Taktsang Monastery built on a sheer cliff face 900 metres above the valley floor is spectacular sight. The Monastery is also an important pilgrimage site for the Buddhists. The great Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown here on the back of a tigress when he brought the teachings of the Buddhist Dharma to Bhutan in the 8th Century.
In the afternoon short drive to the ruins of the 17th Century Drukgyel Dzong, an historic monument built by the Shabdrung to commemorate his victory against invading Tibetans in 1644. In fine weather the towering peak of the sacred Mount Jomolhari (7,314m) appears as a stunning backdrop.
Overnight in Paro.
DAY 03 : PARO (B/L/D)
After breakfast, enjoy an orientation tour of the major features in Paro town including Paro Dzong with its cantilever bridge and the National Museum to view the fine collection of ancient Thangkha paintings, textiles, weapons and other artifacts.
Visit the 7th Century Kyichu Lhakhang, one of the 108 temples constructed by the Tibetan King Songtsen Gampo. Kyichu is built in a manner similar to the Jokhang in Lhasa. Inside there is a great golden image of Buddha Shakyamuni.
While in Paro we recommend a wander along the main street which offers good shopping for jewellery and handicrafts.
Overnight in Paro.
DAY 04 : PARO – SINGAPORE (B/-/-)
Early morning transfer to the airport for your departure flight to Singapore.
End of tour.
- Return economy airfare between Singapore and Paro on Drukair (Royal Bhutanese Airlines): SIN/PBH/SIN
- All airport taxes including fuel and insurance surcharges
- Bhutan Visa and visa application fee
- All royalties and government taxes, and small group surcharges, if any is payable
- All transfers and transportation in a Private vehicle with an experienced driver
- 03/06/09 nights accommodation in twin-share room in selected local hotels/lodges
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner), excluding beverages
- Services of licensed English-speaking Bhutanese guide
- Private guided touring with entrance fees to sights & monuments
- Drinking water for the duration of tour (but not during meal times)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenditure such as telephone charges, laundry, all soft/hard beverages, etc.
- Other options or expenses not mentioned in the inclusions above
- Tips and gratuities for guide and driver
KB501 SIN/PBH 0630/1050 (VIA CCU)
B500 PBH/SIN 0750/1610 (VIA CCU)